Spicy carrot salad recipe
I like to eat dishes of spicy cuisine and spicy carrot salad is my favorite. First time I tried this salad last summer in Russia. Russian people called it dish Korean carrot. Why Korean carrot? The story of this salad is very interesting. Many years ago some Korean people arrived in the Soviet Union to live and work. They didn’t find in USSR Chinese cabbage. Koreans changed the cabbage on carrot for making salad kimchi. This salad has become very popular in Russia.
Ingredients for spicy carrot salad
For cooking we will use:
- 1kg of fresh carrot;
- 2-3 cloves of garlic;
- 4 tbsp Lemon juice or apple cider vinegar;
- 3 tbsp olive oil;
- 1 tsp salt;
- 1 tsp sugar;
- 1 punch of spices (ground coriander, ground black pepper and chili, curry).
- Wash the carrot and cut the peel.
- Grate the carrots on a grater or chop special slicer on a long thin strips. Add salt and wait 30 minutes, then merge the liberated juice.
- Put sliced carrot in a bowl, add Lemon juice or vinegar and crushed garlic.
- Add sugar, salt, olive oil n’ spices to the salad.
- Mix the salad and refrigerate for 2 hours.
Spicy carrot salad is ready! I’m happy with my recipe and I hope you enjoy this salad.
Bon appetite! Rate & like this recipe, write a review.