Som Tum Mamuang – thai style spicy salad
One of my favorite dishes in Thai cuisine – spicy salad Som Tam, which thai people eat with sticky rice, so yummy! If you have been to Thailand, you tried this wonderful tangy salad! There are many varieties of this salad: with green papaya, sausage, crab meat, etc. Today’s recipe includes a green mango and called Som Tam Mamuang (from thai mamuang – mango).
Ingredients for Som Tam Mamuang
This amount of product need for cooking 2 servings of salad:
- 1-2 green mango fruit;
- 1-2 tomatoes;
- ½ cucumber or 2-3 green bean stalk;
- 1 tbsp dried shrimp;
- 2 tbsp of peanuts;
- lime juice 2 tbsp;
- fish sauce 2 tbsp;
- chili pepper to taste;
- 1-2 cloves of garlic;
- palm sugar 1 tbsp.
Ingredients for Som Tum salad
How to make thai style tangy salad
- Thinly slice the mango or use special slicer for vegetables.
- Cut cucumber (or green bean).
- Cut the tomatoes into 4-8 pieces.
- Make the salad dressing: mix in blender fish sauce, lime juice, garlic, chili pepper and palm sugar.
- Add to salad dried shrimp, peanut.
- Mix all ingredients together.
Enjoy spicy thai taste!
Bon appetite! Rate & like this recipe, write a review.