Classic & Yummy Greek salad recipe
Simple and yummy Greek salad is one of my favorite recipes. Usually I cook this dish 1 or 2 time on a week. My children and husband like this salad too. Greek salad is make from fresh vegetables, feta cheese and green.
How to make Greek salad dressing
100% naturally cold pressed olive oil use for salad dressing. Sometimes I use organic hemp oil – this is very taste too! Hemp oil is more delicate flavor than olive. Greek salad dressing is make for 1 part of olive oil and 1 part of lemon juice. For good flavor I add in the salad dressing dried oregano and a little black pepper. For piquant taste, I put in salad dressing 1 teaspoon of balsamic or red wine vinegar.
Greek salad ingredients
Ingredients (serving for 2 person):
- 8 sweet cherry tomatoes;
- ¼ red onion;
- ½ cucumber;
- 4-5 leaf lettuce (or Chinese cabbage);
- 10-15 black olives;
- 80g feta;
- ½ sweet pepper (optional);
- 1 tbsp capers, drained.
For salad dressing mix:
- 1 pinch of dried oregano;
- 1 pinch of black pepper;
- 1 tbsp vinegar (red wine or balsamic);
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil (or hemp oil);
- 2 tbsp lemon juice.
Making the salad is very easy! Cooking time only 5 minutes. Greek salad contains about 160 Cal in 100g. It is not too many calories for your healthy Eating. Nutrition facts in 100g: 4,6g of protein, 13,8g of fat, 4g of carbohydrates.
How to make Greek salad?
- First step of preparation: wash vegetables and lettuce, dry with a paper towel.
- Torn lettuce into small pieces and put on 2 plates.
- Cucumber peel and cut into large pieces.
- Slice the onion thinly, cherry tomatoes cut in half.
- Remove the bitter white pepper core and chop the peppers into strips.
- Mix vegetables and served on 2 plates.
- Use the salad dressing (mix of olive oil, lemon juice, dried oregano & vinegar).
- Add to salad cheese cubes, black olives and capers.
Enjoy delicious traditional homemade Greek salad! The recipe is very healthy and easy to cook.
Bon appetite! Rate & like this recipe, write a review.